Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving for FOUR.

I thought this year's Thanksgiving might be a bit sad: no David, no Jennie, no extended family, no friends and their families, just the four of us ... Dad, Mom, Daniel, and Jessie. It was actually really nice--stress-free, meaningful, productive, and fun. My wonderful husband steam cleaned all the carpets in the house, we had a delicious turkey feast, went to see "The Blind Side" and then decorated the house for Christmas. We have so much to be grateful for, especially each other. Our hearts are full of thanks.

Autumn is for turkeys.

This turkey was so freaking juicy and flavorful!

Last day of this seasonal decor.

Whipped garlic potatoes. I promise, they taste better than they look.

Let's eat!
Don't forget the (non-alcoholic) sparkling cider.

Mmmm... buttery corn.

I call this "Sister-in-law Salad". Spinach and romaine with candied pecans, feta cheese, and craisins -- drizzle with homemade poppyseed dressing.
And the best part ... the stuffing!
Best dang roll recipe I've ever tried.
My cute little family.

My amazing husband ... aka "stud muffin".
Dan the man.

My Jessie girl.

Gobble ... Gobble...


1 comment:

  1. I should NOT have looked at this post on fast Sunday! Your food looks so amazing. My mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete