Thursday, April 7, 2011

Put a STAMP on it!

So, I went walking this morning with Kira Feik.
She's an amazing woman who always has a great story to tell, and I'm really enjoying getting to know her.
Among other things we chatted about, while I was gasping for breath to keep up with her,
was her need/desire to do something "monumental" every day--to do one thing that sort of defines the day--one thing that gives it meaning and gives her a feeling of accomplishment.
She likes to be busy (so do I). She told me that she wants to be able to "put a stamp" on each day--a stamp that says, "Today made a difference because..." "Today was about THIS!"

At the end of our walk as we arrived at her car, I said "Have a great day!" and she responded with,
"Make it a STAMP day!"
I like to be productive. It's pretty much against my nature to be idle; but I hadn't really thought of it this way before.

I LIKE it!

I'm going to focus on making sure every day has a little monument--a stamp of something notable that was accomplished. Sheeesh, sometimes it's a monumental event if I just make dinner!

Yesterday's "stamp" was making fleece blankets for disaster victims in Japan.
Hmmmm....What will today's stamp be?

No comments:

Post a Comment