Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rebecca Black - Friday (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

(before watching this video, pause my tunes at bottom of blog)

I've seen and heard a lot of criticism about Rebecca Black and her song (FRIDAY). I think she's is a pretty girl with some promising talent. Yes, the lyrics are simple, but it's a very catchy song. She's 13 years old! Most of her fans are probably tweens. This is basically how they talk and what they think about. Besides, remember the huge hit by the Bay City Rollers in the 70's? "S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y night!" (repeat about five times) "Sa-Sa-Sa-Saturday night!" (repeat about four times). Then back to spelling the word "S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y night!" (As if we don't know how to spell?!!!?) "I I I I I've got a date! I I I I I just can't wait!" It's simply a fun song celebrating the weekend--something we practically LIVE for when we are young (and some of us when we are old). I think it's about time we had a song about about Friday, don't you? "Friday! Friday! Gotta' get down on Friday!" One more thing...I find it refreshing to hear a nice, clean, fun song with no inappropriate lyrics. I also like the fact that in this video her clothing basically covers everything that it should. It would be nice to see more of that in the music industry. Hmmm...tomorrow is Friday. Gotta' make my mind up. Which seat can I take?

3 comments:

  1. I think she is adorable. Although now Im going have "Friday" stuck in my head :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She IS adorable! If you hate the song, blame the producers, ARK MUSIC FACTORY. And whatever your thoughts are about the end result of the singles and video, the world has heard and seen much worse. We all have different tastes in music; this particular song is not my taste, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Besides, different tastes in music are actually not supposed to be bad or good....just different (like all of us!) Variety adds spice to life! I feel bad that so many people are attacking a thirteen-year-old girl. For a mere $2000, though, Rebecca has received a ton of publicity (good and bad) and I don't think we've seen the end of her. I sure hope not! Hang in there, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that! cute song, cute girl & refreshingly CLEAN!

    ReplyDelete